Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Best Group

      “The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it.”  ~Charles DeLint

             I have learned a lot more than I expected I would over the course of this semester from my “learning community”.  When I first began the semester I didn’t think I would become close with anyone from this group, simply because I am a commuter and I had so much stress going on from starting something new.  However, this view I would definitely say change, and for the better.  The beginning of the semester was very rough, and I was very unorganized and not living up to my own personal standards.  I then came to realize that the other students in our class were having similar issues, and I wasn’t alone. They were all having similar struggles adjusting to the new environment, and were more than supportive.  I enjoyed getting to know everyone’s personality, and seeing how unique everyone is.  In my town people aren’t very different from one another, so being able to have people with so many differences was very rewarding. I liked how we all got to know the campus together, and complete assignments, even though we were VERY stressed most of the time, as a group.  The people I got to know were a combination of humorous, hardworking, talented, and unique, all traits that I value in people.  It has been a long road this semester, but I can’t believe how much I have come to learn about myself over this long journey.  I will most definitely miss having these people in my classes next semester, and I am very confident that they all will be able to succeed after how I have come to see how confident, creative, and motivated they are. I wish them all the best and hope they get to accomplish the goals they set for themselves, because I know that they all can, if they believe in themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment