Sunday, December 5, 2010

Semester Struggles

         This semester definitely revealed a lot of my own personal weaknesses. I at first found that I lacked a great deal of confidence when it came to doing something new, and out of my element. This I found really kept me at times from succeeding in things that really weren’t so difficult.  However, I really learned to take the initiative to overcome this, and as a result my grades improved, and my confidence did as well. I also found that I am not the best at managing my time.  I have mentioned on several occasions that I got myself into some deep trouble  because I was “all over the place” in terms of completing assignments, as well as having all of my necessities with me at all times.  As a result it required a lot of changes to be made to the way I got about taking on tasks, but also taught me a life-long lesson in the process.  One other difficulty I had was not understanding the reality of a heavy workload.  I really took on way too much as a freshman entering into my first semester, and this didn’t help when I was adjusting t so much change, but also helped me make the proper decisions for next semester.

          

1 comment:

  1. I have found some weaknesses in my own behavior as well and then I overcame it. I also was overwhelmed by the heavy workload.

    ReplyDelete