Thursday, November 11, 2010

Unaware Learning

    This quote is exactly expressed in the class that really gets my mind going.  Exercise science has really promoted new ways of learning to me that I really never understood in the same way before.  It is true that the majority of people, including myself would never want to willingly write a paper.  However, in this class we are assigned a series of questions that requires us to research a topic and find out for ourselves the answer.  I really didn’t even realize that I was learning anything in this class until I was able to give a full explanation to my teacher contrasting two different state laws, something that to me seemed very complex. Of course when these topics are assigned, I’m the least happy camper around, but I’m glad that I actually am retaining the information that is taught, whether or not I agree with the method. It is therefore proven to me that simply being told the answer doesn’t truly make you understand something, you must apply it yourself.  I also find myself doing lots of puzzle activities in which we break into groups to solve problems. This again I didn’t think was very significant to start off with, but now I find we all get a lot more work done in this fashion, and are able to help each other find answers, a true demonstration of teamwork.  This again is a case of finding out for ourselves that working together to solve problems while applying ourselves is something you must find for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment