Thursday, September 30, 2010

Important Event

 
       I know that every week there are several events that take place on the campus at SCSU.  However, with my schedule, and the fact that I am a commuter makes it a struggle to take any more time to be away from home.  This is why the event that I attended that sticks out most to me was one that occurred over welcoming weekend.  I arrived at the campus to see people shuffling into the Lyman center, and I myself had no idea what was going on.  As I watched I realized that a comedian put on a show that was phenomenal.  She took on the roles of several different peoples’ backgrounds, and then she attempted to give us all some insight as to how we are all different but have one thing in common: that we would all be attending our first semester as SCSU together.  This is really the first time that true diversity was presented to me in such a matter.  This presentation definitely stuck out to me more than any others so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment